Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Less is More?


The nightmares are beginning. It's the day of my flight and I haven't even started packing...
Panic!
I am determined to be prepared for this trip. I'll be experiencing a huge variety of climate (hopefully no El Nino!) and terrain. Patagonia is cold and windy even in the summer, and frequently sees snow! We have decided to bring a proper 4-season tent as well as a tarp for summer nights.
I just purchased the Canon G9 from Henrys. I have yet to figure out how it works, but it shoots RAW and is light and steel-cased. I really don't want to lug around a DSLR. They're too cumbersome and tempting to steal.
I've also decided to do without an MP3 player. I just know it won't last long. They're a hot item for theives. I'll probably regret this decision half-way through the year when I'm seriously craving my music! Oh well, that's what meeting new friends is for...
I'll make a list of what I packed later on....
I still need to wash my stinky pack (from years of travel) and sew up new holes.
My pack is amazing, by the way... a little too big at 85 L, but lighter than most 65L. It's gortex sealed and very durable. I bought it for under $500 7 years ago and have taken it everywhere. It is the love of my life (though I have been tempted to ditch it on numerous occassions). It's a Serratus design and was made in Canada before the company had to outsource to Asia.
I still recommend these bags! Very very durable!
xo

No comments: